Pages

share

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Fidget for Weight Loss.



I am sorry to upset anyone here, but as you can probably see from my video posts I am very slim, I eat a lot but can not put the weight on. Now I know this is the opposite from most people who put weight on and have trouble losing it.

I have often wondered what I do differently throughout my day and now I think I have found out. I am such a fidget, I can not sit still for 10 minutes. I always have been, my school reports said so and I can always remember being told to 'sit still'.

Fidget More
“You can add up a surprising number of calories simply by fidgeting -- toe tapping, knee bouncing, pencil thumping, etcetera,” says Michele Olson, Ph.D., professor of exercise physiology at Auburn University in Montgomery, Ala. Research from the Mayo Clinic shows that leaner people have trouble being still, and spend about two hours a day fidgeting and pacing. The number of calories you can burn with a fidgeting habit like that can equal around 350 extra calories burned a day, which is equivalent to a 3.5 mile jog -- minus the sweat, says Olson.
Source - ivillage.com

With the amount I fidget I am surprised there is anything left of me.

So don't be afraid to move around and fidget your way through the day or like me, find something that you do each an every day on a subconscious level that you can change to achieve your goal. Look at you daily routine today and see if there is something in your behaviour that you can change to help you lose weight.

Please lets me know how you get on below in the comments section.

Take care and I wish you a great day.

Mindful Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Page

share